Innovation, Venturing & Entrepreneurship in India Network
- A confluence of factors has resulted in India becoming one of the key centres globally for start-ups and innovation.
- In the last decade, Innovation, Entrepreneurship and Venturing has captured the attention of policy makers.
- As a result of these, there has been a fillip to the start-up activity in the country. Formulation of start-up policies, setting up of incubation centres, growth in investments, and focus on entrepreneurship in academic curricula, have led to an increase in the number of start-ups.
- However, growth of ventures and entrepreneurship in India so far has been predominantly led by policy and practice.
- Academic research and thinking can play an important role in sustaining and furthering this growth in entrepreneurship. Insights and evidence from academic research would support policy making as well as increase the effectiveness of managerial and investment decision making in entrepreneurship.
- iVEIN Network, a consortium of leading academic institutions in India, can be the missing piece in the entrepreneurial jigsaw puzzle.
- This cross-institutional network can be the glue that bridges the different stakeholders in venturing and entrepreneurship, and more importantly create new knowledge that stands the test of academic rigour that is so critical to sustain our success in the innovation economy.
- Create an interdisciplinary body of knowledge that synthesizes multiple perspectives would meet the requirements of policy makers, academia and researchers, entrepreneurs, investors, innovators, students, and those interested in innovation and ventures.
- To track the contours of the vibrant innovation, venturing and entrepreneurship segment in the country and develop a holistic and analytical narrative on the dynamics that drive the development in these areas
- Help in effective policy formulation at multiple levels; develop thought leadership for practice
- Seed the creation of an academic society that will organize annual conferences, create a journal, and architect a data repository in the areas of innovation and entrepreneurship.
THE 2020 iVEIN REPORT
iVEIN would be publishing the first India Innovation, Venturing and Entrepreneurship Report in the second half of 2020. This would build on the earlier editions of the India Venture Capital and Private Equity Report Series published during 2009 – 18.
iVEIN Network is pleased to invite proposals to author chapters in the India Innovation, Venture and Entrepreneurship Report 2020. You can send a short expression of interest indicating the author details, proposed title, a 200-word abstract, 50-word description of the data that would be used for the analysis. These can be emailed to: iVEIN@wmail.iitm.ac.in before March 10, 2020.
- The proposals can be on industry trends in innovation, venturing in entrepreneurship or on the specific theme of the 2020 report
- Findings should be supported by data and should not be opinions and anecdotal evidence
- The focus of the report is the Indian context
- Joint proposals from authors of diverse backgrounds is encouraged
- Contribution is not restricted only to researchers and academia. The publication would feature authors drawn from different stakeholders in the innovation and venture ecosystem
Detailed call for proposals is given here.
iVEIN invites all stakeholders associated with innovation, venturing and entrepreneurship to join the mission of creating, collaborating, sharing, and disseminating knowledge in innovation, venturing, and entrepreneurship.
Faculty members, research scholars, policy makers, corporations, incubators, entrepreneurs, fund managers, scientists, innovation managers and investors can join iVEIN by signing up here.
Benefits of iVEIN
- Collaboration opportunities between like and unlike minds engaged in innovation, venturing and entrepreneurship
- Get recognized as a thought leader in innovation, venturing and entrepreneurship
- Unique opportunity to influence policy and practice by engaging with different stakeholders
- Knowledge generation leading to publication and dissemination
- Thillai Rajan, Professor, Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Technology Madras
- Keyoor Purani, Professor, Marketing Management, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode and Executive Director, IIMK live
- Venkatesh Panchapagesan, Chairperson NSRCEL and Associate Professor, Finance & Accounting, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore
- Vidyanand Jha, Professor, Organizational Behavior, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta
- B.Ravi, Institute Chair Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Professor incharge Desai Sethi School of Entrepreneurship, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Aman Gupta, Student, Birla Institute of Technology
- Amit Ghule, Founder, Product Development Manager, Product Development
- Anirudh Singh, Student, JIMS Vasant Kunj
- Aparna K. Mohan, Senior Biotechnology Engineer, Spectral Insights Pvt. Ltd.
- Ashwinkumar Wasnik, Project Coordinator, TDB, Department of Science and Technology, GOI
- Ca Jahangir H Sheikh, Partner, AEPN
- Ch Gyanaranjan Samal, Addl General Manager, NBCC
- Deepak Verma, Vice President, Kanika Investment Limited
- Ganesh Kumar Natesan, Business Analyst, Bluemind Solutions
- Kunal Doshi, Officer, State Street
- Madhavan Unni, Operations Manager, SP Lifecare Pvt Ltd
- Mahadev Birajdar, Sr. Vehicle R&D Autonomous Seating Expert, Geely Automotive China
- Mehul Jindal, President, Finance and Investments Club, National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli
- Naman Jain, Equity Research Analyst, Crispidea
- Neelesh Kumar, Assistant Professor, SVKM's NMIMS University, Mumbai
- P D Parsoya, Officer, RFC
- Prateek Bhura, Student, Civil Engineering
- Raghav Sharma, Alumni Mentor, MBM Engineering College
- Rallabhandi Durga N Rao, Consultant, Nymisha
- S.Palaniappan, Adhoc Faculty, Department Of Management Studies, National Institute Of Technology – Tiruchirappalli
- Sanjeev Gupta, Managing Director, Caravan Logistics
- Sashi Sekhar Paramanik, Consultant, Education & It
- Satyen Trivedi, CEO, Sunnovis Capital Advisor
- Shivanand, Managing Director, Food Processing
- Shrishti Sinha, Deputy Manager, Reliance Digital Platform and Project Service
- Vaibhav Anand Karuturi, CEO, Think Tankers Innovative Solutions Pvt Ltd
- Vimal Pratap Singh, DGM, GTPL Hathway Ltd
- Vivek Mishra, Entrepreneur, OweSCM Partners
- Yogesh Shelke, Manager, TRA
REACH US or SIGNUP FOR iVEIN
Powered by iVEIN
Developed by M.Manikandan, DoMS, IITM