1. When will the application process for MBA 2018 admissions begin? The applications will be available online only from the day after the CAT 2017 results. Application portal will be open up to 29th January 2018.
2. What is the minimum qualification for applying? Please refer to Eligibility Criteria.
3. How should I apply? Online or by regular mail? Only online submission of the application is required.
4. What are the prerequisites that I should take care of before I begin applying? You should be a graduate or be in the final year of your education. In addition to this you should have a valid CAT score; or GMAT if you are a NRI or foreign national.
5. How much is the application fee for MBA 2018 admissions? For General Category Rs 1600 For SC/ST/PD Rs 800
6. How do I pay my application fees? Fee Payment is through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card.
7. How will my application be evaluated? Applicants are initially shortlisted for the next round of selection based on a composite score with due weights to applicant's CAT score, past academic performance, industry experience and gender. When selecting students we put an emphasis on analytical ability, communication skills, writing ability and leadership potential. To know more, visit Selection Procedure for our MBA admission process
8. How do I add new information if I have already submitted my application? Once the application has been submitted, we are unable to accept application updates. However, candidates could provide updates about their candidature, if invited to interview, at that time.
9. Are international students eligible to apply for DoMS MBA programme? Yes. Please visit Eligibility Criteria for detailed guidelines.
10. Is my CAT score the only or the most important criteria for my candidature? Important criterion for receiving a call for our interview process is based on the composite score which is calculated with due weights to CAT Score, past academic performance, work experience, diversity and gender. The further selection process is based on multiple criteria which test the candidate’s analytical ability, communication skills, writing ability and leadership potential.
1. Is work experience mandatory for DoMS MBA program?
Our MBA program is designed for candidates with or without work experience. Whereas work experience could be enriching to their learning experience and career opportunities, we also ensure that fresh minds from college also get due consideration in our selection process.
2. What is a valid work experience? Work experience includes industry exposure in which students have been able to develop their professional and leadership skills. Whereas indicators such as the reputation of the organization, role and responsibilities could be useful to inform candidate’s work experience, what matters in selection process is a candidate’s ability to establish their candidature based on their experience.
3. What is an ideal length of experience? Too long (more than five years) or too short (less than a year) are usually considered as not very appropriate for our MBA program. However, this is not a restrictive criterion for a candidate which the selection committee considers as a “potential student.”
1. When should I expect an invitation for an interview?
The interview date will be intimated to the applicants by email and regular mail well in advance of their interview dates.
2. How do I prepare? The candidates must prove their attractiveness in terms of academic knowledge, business awareness, communication ability and writing ability. A best preparation should not miss having a relaxed mind.
3. Where will the interview take place? Our MBA interviews are held in multiple cities of India. Please refer to your application and choose the city of your preference. Applicants need to give three preferences. The Institutes retain the final right to hold or not to hold the interview process in any given location. The candidates must be prepared to be interviewed in any location notwithstanding the city preferences given by them.
Mumbai - February 23-25, 2018 Kolkata - February 24-25, 2018
Chennai - March 1-4, 2018 New Delhi - March 29-31, April 1, 2018
4. What should I bring with me on my interview day? Candidates called for interview should bring the originals of all certificates that support their eligibility as detailed in the application form. They must also produce any other relevant documents that will support their candidature.
1. How long can I take to communicate my acceptance?
The last date for acceptance of the admission offer will be mentioned in the offer letter. Usually it is within two weeks of the offer.
2. If admitted, am I expected to pay a tuition deposit?
3. Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status?