1. When will the application process for MBA 2017 admissions begin? The applications will be available online only from the day after the CAT 2016 results to 30 January 2017.
2. What is the minimum qualification for applying? Please refer to Eligibility Criteria.
3. How should I apply? Online or by regular mail? Only online submission of the application is required.
4. What are the prerequisites that I should take care of before I begin applying? You should be a graduate or be in the final year of your education. In addition to this you should have a valid CAT score; or GMAT if you are a NRI or foreign national.
5. How much is the application fee for MBA 2017 admissions? For General Category Rs 1600 For SC/ST/PD Rs 800
6. How do I pay my application fees? Fee Payment is through Net Banking, Credit Card or Debit Card. NRI/Foreign candidates can pay the fee through a Demand Draft/Banker's cheque drawn in favour of THE REGISTRAR, IIT MADRAS and payable at Chennai.
7. How will my application be evaluated? Applicants are initially shortlisted for the next round of selection based on a composite score with due weights to applicant's CAT score, past academic performance, industry experience and gender. When selecting students we put an emphasis on analytical ability, communication skills, ability to work in groups and leadership potential. To know more, visit Selection Procedure for our MBA admission process
8. How do I add new information if I have already submitted my application? Once the application has been submitted, we are unable to accept application updates. However, candidates could provide updates about their candidature, if invited to interview, at that time.
9. Who could write my recommendations? Recommenders must come from individuals who have sufficient knowledge and experience to attest the candidate’s professional ability. These letters should clearly articulate how many years and in what capacity the recommender has known you.
10. Are international students eligible to apply for DoMS MBA programme? Yes. Please visit Eligibility Criteria for detailed guidelines.
11. Is my CAT score the only or the most important criteria for my candidature? Whereas your CAT score is a very important criterion for receiving a call for our interview process, the further selection process is based on multiple criteria which test the candidate’s analytical ability, communication skills, ability to work in groups and leadership potential.
1. Is work experience mandatory for DoMS MBA program?
Our MBA program is designed for candidates with or without work experience. Whereas work experience could be enriching to their learning experience and career opportunities, we also ensure that fresh minds from college also get due consideration in our selection process.
2. What is a valid work experience? Work experience includes industry exposure in which students have been able to develop their professional and leadership skills. Whereas indicators such as the reputation of the organization, role and responsibilities could be useful to inform candidate’s work experience, what matters in selection process is a candidate’s ability to establish their candidature based on their experience.
3. What is an ideal length of experience? Too long (more than five years) or too short (less than a year) are usually considered as not very appropriate for our MBA program. However, this is not a restrictive criterion for a candidate which the selection committee considers as a “potential student.”
1. When should I expect an invitation for an interview?
The interview date will be intimated to the applicants by email and regular mail well in advance of their interview dates.
2. How do I prepare? The candidates must prove their attractiveness in terms of academic knowledge, business awareness, communication ability and group skills. A best preparation should not miss having a relaxed mind.
3. Where will the interview take place? Our MBA interviews are held in multiple cities of India which are likely to change every year. Please refer to you application for the year and choose the city of your preference. We try our best to assign a city nearest to your place of stay.
4. What should I bring with me on my interview day? Candidates called for interview should bring the originals of all certificates that support their eligibility as detailed in the application form. They must also produce recommendation letters and any other relevant documents that will support their candidature.
1. How long can I take to communicate my acceptance?
The last date for acceptance of the admission offer will be mentioned in the offer letter. Usually it is within two weeks of the offer.
2. If admitted, am I expected to pay a tuition deposit?
3. Who should I contact if I have a question regarding my application status?